The Oil Ranch is dedicated to educating youth & preserving our Texas Heritage. The ranch is a great opportunity for the students to have a hands-on experience with ranch animals, agriculture, and Texas history. Please call early to plan your field trip to the #1 educational destination for field trips near Houston. We welcome public and private schools, home schools, and day care centers!
School field trips receive special group rates! To receive our school rate you must have 20 people & a reservation. Call us for current rates.
Field trips at the Oil Ranch are packed full of interesting facts that kids want to know. Here are some highlights:
- Dairy Barn Exhibit – Milk Daisy the Cow and learn about the process of milk from the ranch to the kitchen table.
- Animal Barn – Experience the ranch’s baby animals in the large animal barn.
- Petting Zoo – See, touch, smell, and hear farm animals up close and personal.
- Beef Exhibit – Take a hay ride to the pasture to hand-feed and pet cattle. Experienced ranch hands will explain aspects of the beef industry.
- Indian Village – Explore inside a real teepee and play on the Indian Sky Swing.